Old School Fitness

Old School Fitness

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garage Gym Setup

For those of you questioning whether or not to set up a garage gym, it is by far the cheapest and most effective place for you to get in shape. The cost of a monthly gym membership can be outrageous these days. With just a few internet searches you can find any type of workout program you are looking for. If you are just looking for random crossfit type workouts, you can find those all over the internet. There are multiple sites that let you search by movement or implement to find a workout you can do for that day. There is a pic below of some of the items I have in one car garage gym.



Bumpers, bar, rack, abmat, kettlebells, med balls, sandbag, weight vest, and my new toy - a 40# slam ball.
Workout for today: 5 mins - Max 40# Ball Slams     Should be fun!

There are all sorts of different setups you can design based on what implements you like to use. Next up for me is some mats and a piece of plywood for a platform. Also, getting some atlas stones and a  pullup bar. There are plenty of sites that tell you how to make items for your garage gym as well.

I found this video for you guys to watch. It just reassures me that I need to get my stones ASAP!
-Brian


1 comment: